Walking with Jesus is not just about learning and hearing, but also about doing. HPC has several different ministries that focus on reaching out and serving others.
- The Prayers and Squares group makes prayer quilts to give to those suffering or grieving.
- The Nathan Project is a ministry established in the memory of Nathan Stiles, a member of Hillsdale Presbyterian who passed away unexpectedly in 2010 as a result of a football injury. The organization was established by Nathan’s parents Ron & Connie, and inspired by Nathan’s love of the Lord, reaches out to troubled youth with a Bible and the good news of Jesus.
- We participate in food drives and fundraising efforts in support of My Father’s House, an agency that helps those in need in Miami and Linn counties.
- Our Deacons organize regular visits of area nursing homes. Check the church calendar for those opportunities.
- Through our affiliation with the Presbytery of the Great Plains, we help provide financial support for a new Hispanic congregation in Omaha, as well as a mission in Macedonia.
- Other agencies we support:
- Children’s International
- Samaritan’s Purse (Operation Christmas Child)
- Gideons International
Want to serve but are not sure in what way? Click to take a short Spiritual Gifts Inventory to gain some insight into how God has uniquely gifted you.