The Outpost is a place where all are welcome. In a world where we may not feel welcome, the Outpost strives to be a refuge. “Fortify” is our Junior High ministry. 6th– 8th grades meet at Hillsdale Presbyterian Church on Wednesday nights from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. All are welcome! “Venture” is our Senior High ministry. Grades 9th-12th meet on Sunday’s from 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm. We are comprised of a faith-based, Bible believing group of students. Our groups have put in great effort to create and uphold an environment of vulnerability, honesty, and commitment within the framework of a genuine family. A home away from home was the goal, and through leadership and determined students – we have been able to create and maintain a family-based vibe and atmosphere.
What we are studying currently:
- We are beginning a NEW focus this year: The Mission of God in the Bible. Starting from Genesis 1, we will trace the work of God through the entirety of Scripture in an effort to discover our own stories within God’s big story and in doing so, live out our faith practically in our everyday lives!
Things we like to do:
- We participate in a yearly spring and fall retreats where all students age 6th grade-12th grade are invited to join us for a weekend of learning, fellowship and exploration (both of the physical world and our spiritual selves). During this weekend retreat, we learn more about each other, more about Jesus and work on becoming a tighter knit family.
- Each summer we participate in summer camp or a mission trip. This past summer, we went to Arkansas to get plugged into some mission work including: VBS, disaster relief, and helping the homeless amongst other things. This summer, we will be attending camp (location and date pending). See Pastor Mike for details!
- We take a Worlds of Fun trip every summer
- Numerous fun trips to local sights
- Seasonal events (ice skating, fall bonfire)
- Sr High Christmas Party: December 15th from 6-8 pm at Hillsdale Presbyterian Church
- Jr High Christmas Party: December 18th from 6-8 pm at Hillsdale Presbyterian Church
- *all dates may be subject to change*
Our end goal:
– Our ultimate end goal is to create disciples of Jesus through study of the Word, application of the Word in our daily lives, and fellowship with one another; all while having the time of our lives!